Home
When I think of home
I think of a place where there's love overflowing
I wish I was home
I wish I was back there
With the things I've been knowing
Wind that makes the tall grass bend into leaning
Suddenly the rain drops that fall have a meaning
Sprinklin' the scene, makes it all clean
Maybe there's a chance for me to go back
Now that I have some direction
It would be sure nice to be back home
Where there's love and affection
And just maybe I can convince time to slow up
Giving me enough time in my life to grow up
Time, be my friend
And let me start again
Suddenly my world's gone and changed it's face
But I still know where I'm going
I have had my mind spun around in space
And yet I've watched it growing
Oh If you're list'ning God
Please don't make it hard to know
If we should believe in things that we see
Tell us, should we run away should we try and stay
Or would it be better just to let things be?
Living here, in this brand new world
Might be a fantasy
But it taught me to love
So it's real, real to me
And I've learned
That we must look inside our hearts
To find a world full of love
Like yours
Like mine
Like home...
Soon as I Get Home
There's a feeling here inside
That I cannot hide
And I know I've tried
But it's turning me around
I'm not sure that I'm aware
If I'm up or down
Or here or there
I need both feet on the ground
Maybe I'm just going crazy
Let myself get uptight
I'm acting just like a baby
But I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be alright
Soon as I get home
Soon as I get home
Soon as I get home
In a different place
In a different time
Different people around me
I would like to know of that different world
And how different they find me
And just what's a Wiz
Is he big, will he scare me?
If I ask to leave
Will the Wiz even hear me?
How will I know then
If I'll ever get home again?
Here I am alone
Though it feels the same
I don't know where I'm going
I'm here on my own
And it's not a game
And a strange wind is blowing
I'm so amazed
At the things that I see here
Don't want to be afraid
I just don't want to be afraid
I just don't want to be here
In my mind this is clear
What am I doing here?
I wish I was home
I think of a place where there's love overflowing
I wish I was home
I wish I was back there
With the things I've been knowing
Wind that makes the tall grass bend into leaning
Suddenly the rain drops that fall have a meaning
Sprinklin' the scene, makes it all clean
Maybe there's a chance for me to go back
Now that I have some direction
It would be sure nice to be back home
Where there's love and affection
And just maybe I can convince time to slow up
Giving me enough time in my life to grow up
Time, be my friend
And let me start again
Suddenly my world's gone and changed it's face
But I still know where I'm going
I have had my mind spun around in space
And yet I've watched it growing
Oh If you're list'ning God
Please don't make it hard to know
If we should believe in things that we see
Tell us, should we run away should we try and stay
Or would it be better just to let things be?
Living here, in this brand new world
Might be a fantasy
But it taught me to love
So it's real, real to me
And I've learned
That we must look inside our hearts
To find a world full of love
Like yours
Like mine
Like home...
Soon as I Get Home
There's a feeling here inside
That I cannot hide
And I know I've tried
But it's turning me around
I'm not sure that I'm aware
If I'm up or down
Or here or there
I need both feet on the ground
Maybe I'm just going crazy
Let myself get uptight
I'm acting just like a baby
But I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be alright
Soon as I get home
Soon as I get home
Soon as I get home
In a different place
In a different time
Different people around me
I would like to know of that different world
And how different they find me
And just what's a Wiz
Is he big, will he scare me?
If I ask to leave
Will the Wiz even hear me?
How will I know then
If I'll ever get home again?
Here I am alone
Though it feels the same
I don't know where I'm going
I'm here on my own
And it's not a game
And a strange wind is blowing
I'm so amazed
At the things that I see here
Don't want to be afraid
I just don't want to be afraid
I just don't want to be here
In my mind this is clear
What am I doing here?
I wish I was home

No comments:
Post a Comment